Cal 1 Card Office / Location and Hours
ATTENTION: The Cal 1 Card Office will resume normal business hours (9am – 4:30pm) with in person services beginning on April 27th. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have resulted from our 2-day closure and thank the campus community for your patience and understanding.
212 Sproul Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-2264
Hours: Monday – Friday / 9:00am – 4:30pm (Excluding Administrative Holidays)
Joining the virtual kiosk line or making an appointment
Joining the virtual kiosk line for same-day / walk-up services
There are two ways to join the virtual kiosk line upon arriving at Sproul Hall:
- If you have a laptop or handheld device as well as a domestic mobile phone number, you may join the virtual kiosk line via web browser using the online virtual kiosk link.
- If you do not have a laptop or handheld device and/or also do not have a domestic mobile phone number, you may join the virtual kiosk line using a touch-screen sign-in kiosk on the first floor.
NOTE: look for the yellow Cal 1 Card flag near the north entrance on the first floor
ATTENTION: During peak / high-volume customer service periods, the virtual kiosk line will close when we reach maximum capacity and will be serving those already in line until we close. If you arrive after the virtual kiosk closes, you will have to either come back the following business day or make an appointment.
Making a Flex Appointment
Flex appointments continue to be available on a first-come-first-serve basis. To make an appointment, use the online flex appointment link to select from available appointment time slots. All appointments will be for in-person support at the Cal 1 Card office at your scheduled appointment time. Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
NOTE: Available appointment time slots will become visible 24 hours – 14 days from the date/time that a query is made. During the busiest times of the Fall startup period (July – September), there may be very few (if any) available appointments. Please do not take up an appointment time slot if you are unable to make it on that date / time. If the need for card issuance is urgent and you are unable to wait for the next available appointment, please join the virtual kiosk line and patiently await your turn. Our staff will be assisting as many people as possible as quickly and effectively as possible.
Additional Card Issuance Requirements
Online Photo Upload
If you have never previously received a Cal 1 Card, you will have to upload a compliant photo.
If you have previously been issued a Cal 1 Card, you may either use the previously approved photo or upload a new one for the replacement Cal 1 Card.
To upload a photo, proceed as follows:
- Log into your Cal 1 Card account
- Select the “Upload Photo” link from the menu options on the left
- Review the compliance requirements
- Select “Upload Photo” at the bottom of the page
- If you have a saved photo that is compliant, upload that file
- If you do not have such a photo, find a solid white backdrop and take a selfie to upload
Government-issued Photo ID For In-person Identity Verification
Issuance of the initial Cal 1 Card requires in-person identity verification of the cardholder via a valid (i.e. non-expired) government-issued photo identification card (e.g. driver license, State ID, passport, military ID).
- Please bring the required government issued photo identification in compliance with identity verification requirements.
Additional Information for Employees and Affiliates
All Employees (i.e. Faculty, Staff, Postdoc, Academic) and Affiliates (e.g. Visiting Scholar, Visiting Student Researcher, Volunteer, Consultant, etc.)
Eligibility for card issuance requires that you have an active UC Berkeley employee / affiliate appointment in UCPath and that your official appointment start date be in the present or past. Additionally, online photo submission will not be possible until on or after your UCPath start date.
Additional Information for Students
- Eligibility for card issuance requires that you have an active registration status in the current or forthcoming academic term.
All students needing to replace a lost or stolen AC Transit EasyPass Clipper card
- Please take your Cal 1 Card and request a replacement EasyPass at the Parking & Transportation Office